So you’ve used up your favourite The 7 Virtues perfume - don’t throw it away! Here are a few simple steps you can follow to properly recycle your packaging or even give it a new life.
HOW TO RECYCLE
As a Clean + Planet Positive brand, we do our part to reduce the plastic waste created by the beauty industry. 100% of our paperboard packaging is recyclable and made from FSC-certified sustainably managed forests. All of our formulas are packaged in glass - a permanent material that can be reused and recycled repeatedly without any loss in quality.
- Separate your lid, sprayer, rollerball and/or gemstone from the glass container. Pull apart the sprayer to ensure the materials are stripped down to their singular source. Because recycling centers don't accept mixed materials and there are no machines to separate mixed materials, you'll want to dispose of your lid and sprayer properly.
- Ensure your glass has been properly cleaned. If the glass isn’t adequately cleaned before being recycled, it may contaminate other materials in a mixed waste stream and may not be recycled.
- When your glass is clean, place it in your recycling bin, or locate a recycling drop-off depot near you.
HOW TO UPCYCLE
Once your 7 Virtues bottle is empty, you can get creative with how you repurpose it. Your favourite perfume can become a vase, a candle holder, even a reed diffuser in its second life. There are just a few steps to take to ensure you sterilize your bottle properly.
- After finishing your perfume, wash and sterilize the glass container before its next use. To sterilize glass or your gemstone in the oven, place the glass on a baking sheet on an oven rack with equal spacing and heat them at 120° for 15 minutes.
- You can also sterilize your bottles and gemstones by placing them in boiling water for 10 minutes. Let the glass cool and dry before use.